About the VFW Foundation
Supporting the troops who protect us.
American veterans and active-duty military members have sacrificed so much just so we don’t have to. They protect the country we all love, keeping us safe and guarding the freedom we hold dear. They demand nothing in return.
But they do deserve something in return. And many veterans and troops, and their families, are in dire need of your help.
This is why the VFW Foundation was established. Through a variety of programs and services, VFW Foundation fills in governmental assistance gaps for troops abroad, military families back in the U.S. and America’s often-forgotten veterans. These programs support all branches of the military, are provided at no cost to the recipients and require no Veterans of Foreign Wars affiliation.
As a not-for-profit organization, the VFW Foundation receives no government funding. We rely solely on individual donations and corporation sponsorships. Your tax-deductible charitable contribution makes a direct impact on how much help and financial support we’re able to provide our deployed troops and retired military and their families in their time of need.
The VFW Foundation gives the American people a unique opportunity to help those who have given us more than we will ever know. So join us today in reaching out a helping hand to those who protect our country – and safeguard our freedoms – so bravely.
With your help, we can continue to support programs that:
- Reward America’s military heroes and their families by sponsoring admission to popular entertainment events and attractions.
- Provide prepaid phone time and sponsored “Free Call Days” allowing deployed troops and hospitalized veterans to connect with loved ones.
- Support troops and their families in need of financial assistance for housing, medical or basic assistance needs with a one-time grant.
- Sponsor “welcome home” and “send off” events to boost the morale of returning or deployed military units.
- Offer military veterans, regardless of when or where they served, with VFW counsel and assistance to successfully navigate VA entitlement and disability claims.