VFW Foundation “Post/VFW Auxiliary Community Support Grant” Application-Grant Cycle Closed Until 9/1/2017
VFW Foundation will provide up to $1,000 to a Post and/or VFW Auxiliary performing an important and needed outreach in their community or enhancements to Post buildings for this purpose!
The application process is simple:
- VFW Post and/or its VFW Auxiliary can apply by clicking on this link. The application must be signed and authorized by the head of your organization (Post Commander or VFW Auxiliary President) so that he/she is knowledgeable and supportive of the request.
- After application is submitted, the Post or VFW Auxiliary will receive notification from the VFW Foundation within thirty (30) calendar days of a decision. If the project has been approved, a check or notification of ACH from the VFW Foundation will be included with the decision letter.
- VFW Foundation grant funds must be expended within nine (9) months of the award date which coincides with the time frame expected for project completion.
- A Post and/or VFW Auxiliary that received grant funding must complete a Final Report (also provided by the VFW Foundation in the award letter) along with proof of expenditures in the form of receipts or invoice copies that documents spending for their project.
- VFW Foundation encourages pictures from an event funded by a “VFW Foundation Post/VFW Auxiliary Community Support Grant” publicized by uploading to Twitter, Instagram and/or Facebook with a short post using the hashtag #VFWPostPride.
Note: This grant is going through last minute revisions. However, you may click on above link to review information needed for this grant.
Grants will be awarded for activities that directly benefit veterans, active duty military personnel and their families.
- Innovation in service delivery, unique design that addresses an underserved need and the likelihood of sustainability after the grant period ends will be given special consideration.
- Special grant consideration will be given to tax exempt VFW Posts, Departments, and its Auxiliaries. These VFW-related entities are eligible to apply if aid is requested for certain distinctive outreach activities.
- Grants may also at times be awarded to charitable organizations that have no connection to the VFW, however, applying outside (non-VFW affiliated) organizations must be tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service code to be considered.
- Grant award sizes vary from $1,000-$15,000 with most grants in the $3,000-$10,000 range. The total dollar amount for all grants will not exceed $100,000 in any fiscal year (September 1-August 31).
To apply for the VFW Foundation Grant, click on this link. Final approval of grant awards and funding amounts are subject to the exclusive determination and discretion of the VFW Foundation Board and its decisions are not subject to review. For questions, contact Jason Couch, Grants Coordinator, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Veteran Support
The VFW’s “Sport Clips Help A Hero Scholarship” provides service members and veterans with the financial assistance they need to complete their educational goals without incurring excessive student loan dept. It’s just another way for us to say “thank you” to those who fought for our freedoms.
If you are service member or veteran interested in applying for or needing additional information about this grant, clink on this link to be directed to the appropriate site.
Financial Assistance for Veterans and Military Families
The VFW Unmet Needs program is there to help America’s military families who have run into unexpected financial difficulties as a result of deployment or other military-related activity or injury. The program provides financial aid of up to $5,000 to assist with basic life needs in the form of a grant – not a loan – so no repayment is required. To further ease the burden, we pay the creditor directly.
If you are a service member or veteran interested in applying for or needing additional information about this grant, click on this link to directed to the appropriate site. BURGER KING® franchisees are proud supporters of the VFW Unmet Needs program. Support those who support us and visit your local participating BURGER KING® today!